Monday 2 May 2016

Drawing with collage Preporation

I am going to do a Drawing With Collage workshop soon so I thought I would research some artists who use collage in their work, also It will give me ideas for my work and what I could gain ouut of doing this workshop.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage

Digital collage

Digital collage is the technique of using computer tools in collage creation to encourage chance associations of disparate visual elements and the subsequent transformation of the visual results through the use of electronic media. It is commonly used in the creation of digital art.

I researched two Types of collage as the artists that I researched used a large variety of media's in their work.
I found this Artist from Pinterest, the original artist is unknown as their web link page was no longer available. The Artist uses digital collage , combining photography with paper textures to create one solid image. I like the way the roses stand out so much, even though the Artist has made them black and white, it creates depth to the image as a whole. The face is only half visible which makes the audience more curious and intrigued by the work, it also suggests the Artist is trying to show the thoughts of the character in the picture. To be more critical about the Artists work I would say that the solid black triangle and the pink moon don't quite work with everything else being black and white, I find that they look a bit out of place and distracting from everything else.

Pinterest link https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/477029785512054741/

What I aim to get out of this workshop
From researching various Artists I have realized that collage could be very relevant to my project theme and I could use this media for my magazine layout. It could make the page more eye catching and bold, drawing the reader in. I want to experiment with different types of collage including digital collage to see what layouts I could achieve.

This Artist works for clothing lines and companies creating layouts to display the clothing items using collage. Here where the original images used.

Website http://www.polyvore.com/asdfhjkl/set?id=64857337

This artist has created a collage for a company called YAY, it was published on style spotter which is a clothing and fashion site. The artist is on tumblr, all links are below.

yay

STYLE SPOTTER
Joined three years ago. 
I love the style of the work, it is quite quirky and funky, it really displays the outfit well. the black and white image of the woman works well in contrast with the colour and textures of the background. The Artist has also made a bold white outline around the model, separating the focus from the less important images. Media; paper collage and digital skills to finish.

Here is another example of collage by the same artist, This fits in with my theme really well, and is an effective way of displaying my items for sale.

I found some examples of collage in the magazine that I was inspired by. I possibly could use this technique for displaying my bags and gift shop items.

No comments:

Post a Comment