Wednesday 13 April 2016

Magazine Style and Audience


I have been doing a lot of research into different types of magazines and from this it has given me lots of questions and things to think about. I am now starting to develop the style and type of magazine I want to create, my audience is also key. From looking at different magazines without concentrating on there themes too much, I have come to the conclusion that there are two different types of magazines I can go for.

The first type of magazine is a community magazine, for example I have been  looking at the Looe magazine which is made for the community of Looe in Cornwall. It is a free magazine that is handed out to people in the community, it is an informative magazine that talks about news and the latest events that have happened and events in the future that people may want go to. This magazine is also aimed towards tourists who are visiting as it can be found at the local tourist information centre.

The second magazine is a travel and fashion magazine, I have been looking at a magazine called Suitcase. This magazine is aimed at young professionals who love to travel, the subjects it covers are completely different to the other magazines that I have looked at. Its is informative but in a different way, it tells stories other than a news report, you feel like you are reading a short novel and experiencing the place yourself rather than just being told what happened. It features local businesses but that is not it's main focus or theme. It wants to grab the reader and make them admire the places it features, and make them envy the people that live there. The magazine has a modern look, it looks clean and fresh. The pictures fill the page and the photography is of a very high standard which also draws the reader in as if you where there yourself.

To conclude I think for the content that I want to include in my magazine, I think I am going to create something similar to the travel and fashion magazine. I am going to base my magazine on the Suitcase magazine, as that was my inspiration for this project. I like the whole layout of the magazine and the writing and fonts used, so to further my research I am going to do a survey to find out more about my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment