Monday 6 June 2016

Studio Space, Photo Grading

I have been researching into food photography, and the different techniques used when photographing food. I learned about lighting, and grading the photos to enhance the overall look of the food. Having the right setting/studio for the photographs makes such a difference, also the lighting can really bring out the food in the photo on the parts you want the audience to focus on. Here are some examples of food photography that really stood out to me.



I found this from Pinterest, originally from pearsonlyle.co.uk

I think that the photo is appetising, the lighting used really brings out the food. By using an overhead shot you can get overall view of the food. The colours are natural colours, and nothing in the photo is too bright, so your eyes are not just lead towards one part of the photograph.

By putting text on the photo you could use this as an introduction to a new chapter in the magazine. Overall the photo has a very homely feel to it, and is very welcoming.


I also found this from pinterest I like how the overall photo looks, the food is presented very well and compared to the first example it is more high end. The cutlery is posh, and by having a black background and dark plate it creates a rustic look. The focus is still on the food, but it has a different effect on the viewer as they look at the quality of the image layout and not just the food itself.


I quite liked the rustic theme that seemed to be going on throughout the photo's I was researching, I came across this photo from Pinterest. I liked the grey colour scheme that was going on, the photo is also graded making the colour more neutral rather than prominent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment