Tuesday 21 June 2016

Layout for advertising



The process
So I had lots of ideas for the magazine layout of the bags and purses, I was really keen on one particular one. I was researching materials and colours to do with the sea and came across this image. I thought why not use the layering technique to create a picture from the different materials used to make the bags. I planned to the write about the bags on the other page, as I thought the image would be strong on its own. Image taken from http://www.edelkoort.com/trend_publication/


I cut out the material in a wave shape to make the sea, and used different shades of blue for depth. I crumpled up some white paper to make it look more like clouds, and added some seagulls also made from material.

I then started to work on the layout on in design, this is what I initially came up with.

My initial thoughts where the picture that I had created was too distracting, and you couldn't see the link between the two. Also the image had to be cropped to fit which made it even more in your face.
 I didn't like the font Gotham which was used at the top left hand corner of the page, I felt that it didn't fit with the layout and style so I changed the font to minion pro. This also made me reconsider the layout as a whole, so I did some more research and created a new layout to really focus on advertising the bags.

 Here is a screenshot of the final display of the bags in the magazine, below that is my inspiration which was taken from the modern rustic country living magazine issue 4.



Here is my inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment