Wednesday 22 June 2016

Developing written Pieces

One of the most important things for me was talking to the public, and getting to know new faces. This gave me inspiration for my written pieces as well as gain knowledge of the community as a whole. I found it really interesting finding out where people had traveled from to get to Looe and hearing all of their thoughts on their surroundings, also interviewing local businesses gave me an insight into the history of the town.
One of my favourite writers from the Suitcase magazine is Kate Hamilton, who is a freelance writer and journalist. I liked how real the style of writing was, it told the truth and what people really would want to know when visiting a new place, and this can sometimes be comical which adds personality to to the writing. The reader could really imagine themselves there when reading article as she creates imagery within her written pieces.
Some of her work gave me my inspiration for the opening article for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment