Tuesday 8 March 2016

Evaluation

I found that this project allowed me to think outside of the box. It was interesting to find out about different companies and organizations that are fighting for an Eco friendly and green environment such as Regen south west.

The process of my idea was more lengthy than previous projects, it involved a lot of development. Experimentation key in this project, the more I tried new things, the more ideas I gained. I put a lot of effort into developing my final piece and had lots of different ideas, but I also didn't want to make it over complicated. I have learned from previous projects that making making something too complicated can make your audience loose the concept and purpose, the message and purpose of your work. Sometimes it can go off track from what the client asked for.

I thought that planning out my project in detail meant that there was less problems and complications when it came to making the sculpture. It was harder than expected to create the smoke for the final picture, and I had to learn how to use lighting correctly. I am used to landscape photography, so photographing my sculpture took a lot of experimentation, as I had to position the camera at the right angle. This allowed me to get the full height of the sculpture in shot. By positioning the camera at a lower angle also made the sculpture look taller, towering over the thongs below.

If I had more time to develop this project further I would experiment with diorama. I think by adding miniature people to the photograph would have created an even stronger impact on my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment