Monday 7 March 2016

Artist Research

I decided to do some further artist research and found this artists work on Pinterest. The artist was unknown but I thought that I would still talk about their work as it inspired me with new ideas for my project. I like the simplicity of the sculpture, it looks very delicate and using just thin wire and no solids surprisingly the sculpture still has a 3D effect because of the layers that the artist has created. If I was to compare this work with Andy Goldsworthy's work I would say they have quite a lot in common. They are both delicate, they are both simplistic which  takes them both powerful to the viewer as the work is clear and bold. Andy Goldsworthy only uses natural resources which makes you appreciate the time taken to create his art. Whereas this artist uses wire to create intricate designs which can also take time to bend the wire and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment